All too often, Processes, Data or Systems are examined in isolation. However, a Business process must have data to operate upon, and the process itself is usually executed via an IT system. Likewise Data cannot magically come into existence and that data must be utilised by business processes to yield value. Typically the data is held in databases and files accessed by IT and/or manual systems.
Our triangulated, Process, Systems & Data blueprinting approach answers 6 core questions to shine a spotlight into those business processes, data and systems to yield new insights and opportunities for business optimization.
- What are the essential & supporting business processes?
- What information do we need to keep?
- What systems support our business?
- Information Systems: What information is provided or consumed by our systems?
- Process Information: What information is essential to perform our work?
- Systems Process: Which systems do we rely on to support for what we do?